What if we did something unexpected, perhaps even out-of-character, in order to bring happiness to someone else? Take a look at the video below. A few college students are treated to a Coca-Cola Happiness Machine where the unexpected happens. Some may argue the reason for the excitement is getting something for free, however I wonder if the same machine doled out jokes, a handshake, or perhaps wrote a check to a non-profit organization, if the reaction might be very similar. Keep reading below the video!
As some of you know, I've been given a Lenovo M90z computer to use on longterm loan, put through the paces and then GIVE ONE AWAY to the readers of this blog.
Create a video that shows you bringing an unexpected moment of happiness to someone. My goal is very simple in that I hope these moments will get us all thinking about ways we can brighten our days and those of others around us.
Once you've created your video, follow these steps.
- Upload your video to YouTube and be sure to include the tag, "HappinessM90." You may add other tags if you like.
Note YouTube's requirements below. Although YouTube allows videos up to 15 minutes in length, I strongly recommend your video be much, MUCH shorter.
Videos can be...High Definition
Up to in size.
Up to minutes in length.
A wide variety of formats
- Give some background and cite this blog (with the URL) and the Lenovo M90 in your YouTube video description. See example here.
- Between May 1 and May 5, comment here with the link to your video and some reflection about your experience creating the video.
You are on the Honor System for a few things:
- If you include other people in your video, you must have their permission to post online.
- No copyrighted material or copyrighted music without permission. If you use someone else's material (with permission) be sure to give credit where credit is due. See YouTube's Copyright Tips page and the Community Guidelines page. These pages can help you determine whether your video infringes on someone else's copyrighted material. YouTube is cracking down on violations and I wouldn't want you to lose out. Here are a few resources you may want to use:
- Larry Ferlazzo's Best Places to Go For Copyright Free Music and Sound Effects
- For images, try this custom search engine created by Ken Shelton.
This contest is open to anyone, in and outside the United States. One entry per person. I will select the winner (most likely with the assistance of some friends who do not enter) and you can probably guess that originality and engagement and FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS will be most important in the selection process.
The winner will be notified via YouTube's "send message" feature (so be sure your YouTube account is linked to a valid email address). The number of entrants will dictate when the winner is announced, however it is my intention to announce the winner within a few days of contest close date, May 5, 2011. Lenovo has promised to ship the computer as soon as I provide the winner's shipping information.
The winning video will also be featured here on A GeekyMomma's Blog.
I realize I've made this a tough contest, possibly weeding out many of you who might feel intimidated by the idea of creating a video, and if this promotion isn't your thing, you have many other opportunities to win. These blogs listed below are also running their own promotions to give away a Lenovo M90z:
Lenovo M90z Participants
|Free Tech 4 Teachers||Apr 14||Apr 18|
|Ilja Coolen \ ICSS||Apr 15||Apr 19|
|Physician Mom||Apr 16||Apr 20|
|Scrubd In||Apr 17||Apr 21|
|KathySchrock's Kaffeeklatsch||Apr 18||Apr 22|
|Steve Hargadon.com||Apr 19||Apr 23|
|Box of Tricks||Apr 21||Apr 25|
|Clinton Fitch.com||Apr 22||Apr 26|
|Around the Corner||Apr 23||Apr 27|
|Tech Savvy Ed||Apr 25||Apr 29|
|Small Biz Technology||Apr 26||Apr 30|
|Ablet Factory||Apr 27||May 1|
|Click Newz||Apr 28||May 2|
|Geekazine||Apr 29||May 3|
|21st Century Education Technology||Apr 30||May 4|
|A GeekyMomma's Blog||May 1||May 5|
|Marsha Collier's Musings||May 2||May 6|
|VA Insiders Club||May 3||May 7|
|The Virtual Assistant||May 4||May 8|
|Jake Ludington's Media Blab||May 5||May 9|
|Mobile PC World||May 6||May 10|
|Dangerously Irrelevant||May 7||May 11|
|Bud the Teacher||May 8||May 12|
|Kikolani||May 9||May 13|
|Geeks To Go||May 10||May 14|
|Chad Lehman.com||May 11||May 15|
You can upload your video to YouTube at anytime,