Currently district manager of the Department of Educational Technology, I have been an educator in Palm Beach County, FL for 30 years. I have been a classroom teacher, district technology program specialist and continue on my journey of sharing and learning.
Also a blogger and former hockeymom, I love everything about bringing the benefits of social media to the classroom and helping teachers integrate technology seamlessly. I have also co-hosted a local cable TV show, PalmBreeze CAFÉ where my segments focused on online tools useful for educators and the community. In addition to my personal blog at www.leekolbert.org, I also periodically blog for The Huffington Post. I currently do social media outreach and consultant work. If you are interested in how I can help your educational group better understand how social media can be safely used for good and not evil, contact me. You can also find me on Twitter here.
Judging and Other Privileges I've Had
- National Education Initiative November 2014: National Education Week in D.C. (NEI) brings together a broad range of thought leaders - educators, entrepreneurs, investors, and policymakers - to address the critical issues impacting education today, and in the future.
- Microsoft Partners in Learning Innovative Educator GLOBAL Forum 2014
- Barcelona Spain - March 2014
- Washington, DC - November 2011
- Redmond, WA - July 2011
I have also presented at various local and national conferences. Conference info can be found here.
- Student Blogs 2010: http://kidblog.org/mrskolbertsclass/
- Student Blogs 2011: http://kidblog.org/MrsKolbertsClass2011/
- Class Blog:
- Twitter: TeachaKidd
- FaceBook: Lee Kolbert
The opinions expressed in this blog are strictly those of the author and contributors and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of any school districts, specific schools, corporations or other entities.