My good friend, Angela, is passionate about helping people understand that they matter. It is not enough to say it, people must understand how their contributions really matter. Please take a few moments to read her call to action and if you are moved to help this movement, please donate $5.00 or more.
During a 2011 Ted Talk titled “You Matter,” Angela Maiers spoke of how these two words can change lives and change our world, if we understand them and we leverage them in the right way.
Students everywhere reacted powerfully to this call to action, completing jaw-dropping quests to address problems in our world. These range from sending a crate load of books to a school in Ghana to raising money to build wells for communities without water, to publishing YouTube videos that save lives and creating Facebook support groups for students in crisis.
Choose2Matter was created in response to this breathtaking reaction. It invites the world to make “mattering” a new way of life. The first embodiment of Choose2Matter is the Quest2Matter, a five-week, student-focused initiative. We’re reaching out to millions of students, seeking to inspire them to pursue a quest to change our world.
The Quest2Matter is much more than a “school project.” Many innovative businesses have embraced the opportunity to help us show students that they matter:
- Top Coder is creating the Quest2Matter website;
- Fablevision is building the Choose2Matter Website;
- AOL will promote the Quest2Matter on its homepage as its “Cause of the Day;”
- Huffington Post is devoting substantial media to promoting the Quest;
- Kidblog is advising us and promoting the Quest to its members;
- findingDulcinea is creating content to help students become informed about social issues and learn to effect change in today’s world;
- Business Innovation Factory (“BIF”) is providing an army of entrepreneurs to serve as mentors and judges;
- Members of the My Community Manger community are harnessing employee bases and user communities to mentor students; and
- The Bammy Awards will recognize five student quests at its 2013 award ceremony, and BIF will honor three student quests at its innovation summit.
With this support from the business community, students will learn to use digital media to become fully informed, experience the power of learning from mentors, and adeptly use modern means of communication to effect change in our world.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to unlock the potential of students to think entrepreneurially to solve problems that break their heart. Because of the scale that social media enables and the extraordinary reach of our collective networks, we believe the Quest can reach, and inspire, millions of students.
How You Can Help
Accelerate the Quest2Matter
Help Us Raise Money
- Make a small donation to our fundraising and encourage your network to do so.
Help Us Increase Participation
- Encourage your teachers and students to join the Quest Student Team.
- Encourage your teachers and students to participate in the Quest.
Help Us Spread the Word Through Social Media
- LIKE our Facebook page and ask Facebook friends to do the same.
- Like or Comment on our Facebook posts to increase their visibility.
- Post several Facebook status updates; see examples below.
- Follow us on Twitter and encourage your Twitter followers to do the same.
- Send several Tweets; see examples below.
- RT @Choose2Matter tweets.
- Publish a blog post about the Quest2Matter; see messaging points.
Resources to Share
Sample Tweets (Just click and Tweet away!)
Click to Tweet this: I made a donation to help Quest2Matter unlock the potential of students to change the world. http://StudentLauncher.org/fdab
Click to Tweet this: Please make a donation to help Quest2Matter unlock the potential of students to change the world. http://StudentLauncher.org/fdab
Click to Tweet this: The Quest2Matter will facilitate students' learning from mentors to solve our world’s problems. http://choose2matter.org/2013/03/24/donate-to-the-quest2matter/
Click to Tweet this: The Quest2Matter will inspire students to pursue a quest to change our world. http://choose2matter.org/2013/03/24/donate-to-the-quest2matter/
Click to Tweet this: Innovative companies embrace the Quest2Matter as an opportunity to reach & inspire students. http://choose2matter.org/2013/03/24/donate-to-the-quest2matter/
Sample Facebook Status Updates
I made a donation to help Quest2Matter unlock the potential of students to change the world. Please consider doing the same. http://StudentLauncher.org/fdab
Please make a donation to help Quest2Matter unlock the potential of students to change the world. http://StudentLauncher.org/fdab
The Quest2Matter is an exciting initiative that will facilitate students' learning from mentors to solve our world’s problems. Teachers, tell your students about it! http://choose2matter.org/2013/03/24/donate-to-the-quest2matter/
The Quest to Matter will inspire students to pursue a quest to change our world. This is an initiative that all educators should support. http://choose2matter.org/2013/03/24/donate-to-the-quest2matter/
Innovative companies are embracing the Quest2Matter as an opportunity to reach & inspire the next generation of world leaders. http://choose2matter.org/2013/03/24/donate-to-the-quest2matter/