I'm very excited to share that I've been asked to judge a contest that will begin tomorrow, October 11, 2011. The Green Mountain Naturals contest will take place over at their Facebook page and all you have to do to enter is choose an inspiring teacher and then write a 200-word essay on why he/she should win. It's an easy contest to enter and the prizes are pretty cool.
As one of three paid judges, I'll be reviewing the essays and judging each one based on:
· Creativity/Originality (33%)
· Quality of Submission/Well-supported (33%)
· Fit with Contest Theme (34%)
Here's more information, direct from Green Mountain Naturals:
As the school year gets under way, it’s the perfect time to recognize a few good apples in the classroom. Hot Apple Cider from Green Mountain Naturals™ is looking for the most inspiring teachers in the nation with its Apple For a Teacher contest.
How it works:
- From October 11 to October 31, 2011, you are invited to nominate a teacher that has inspired you or your child at the contest tab on the page.
- 10 Teacher finalists will be announced on November 10, 2011. The finalists will win a Keurig® Brewer and Hot Apple Cider K-Cup® portion packs for themselves, and a $1,000 Apple®gift card, Keurig® Brewer, and Hot Apple Cider K-Cup® portion packs for their school. If your nominated teacher is selected as a finalist, you will receive a Keurig® Brewer and a $25 Apple® gift card.
- Green Mountain Naturals Facebook fans are then invited to vote for America’s Most Inspiring Teacher, who will receive a $10,000 grant to his/her school of choice.
- If your nominated teacher is selected as the grand prize winner, you will receive a $100 Apple® gift card.
- Visit for more information.
Win a Mug:
Submission Prizes: The first 50 entrants to submit an essay each calendar week during the first three (3) weeks of the Contest, namely, the weeks beginning October 11, 2011, October 18, 2011, and October 25, 2011 will receive an exclusive Green Mountain Naturals mug. For purposes of this Contest, a calendar week begins on Tuesday at 12:00 a.m.