This new video (embedded below) explains social networking from the perspective of a user who discovers Facebook and finds a new level of enjoyment from friends with common interests.
The video teaches:
- The ideas and features of social networking websites
- Basic privacy settings
- The role of status updates
- How to build a network
- How comments and likes enable communication
More Facebook resources for educators:
- Teaching Digital Kids
- Facebook for Educators Guide (PDF)
- PEW Report: Social Networking Sites and Our Lives (full report here)
Disclosure Statement: Common Craft has provided me with a free membership to their premium service with the understanding of no obligation on my part. If and when I reference Common Craft in my posts, it is my personal choice with no benefit to me other than providing a valuable service to my readers within the context of my posts.