Are YOU that person? I've always wondered if Energy Suckers know who they are. Well here is a scientifically proven test I've devised (using me as a sample) so you can see if indeed YOU are the Energy Sucker in other people's lives. Go ahead, take it. I hope there are a few people in my life taking it too.
- When you ask a question, are you really hoping for an answer or are you threatened when someone has the answer?
- When someone asks another person a question, do you always jump in with the answer and keep talking even when the two people talking KEEP MAINTAINING EYE CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER? (They are trying to tell you, the question wasn't for you.)
- Do other people frequently stop talking mid-sentence around you? Ever wonder why? (Perhaps you keep interrupting.)
- Have you ever noticed that you sometimes say negative things about other teachers IN FRONT OF STUDENTS?
- Do you ask for help with something BEFORE you've attempted to even look it yourself?
- Do you make judgmental comments about others' use of technology to people who use technology a lot? ("I don't have time for that." or "Who uses FaceBook; why would I want to know that you are walking your dog, right?")
- Do you walk around with a smile or a look of exasperation?
- Is everything an emergency?
- When someone needs something, do you offer to solve the problem or do you send them somewhere else?
- Have you ever considered that maybe you can do things a little differently this year?
What would you add to this list?